Perry Forum
It's important

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Perry Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 10-07-2018 03:16:09    Onderwerp: It's important Reageren met citaat
BEIJING Giorgio Chiellini Jersey , Oct. 9 (Xinhuanet) 钬?American singer Billy Joe Royal, who popularized country music hit "Down in the Boondocks" in the 1960s has died. He was 73 years old.

His agent, Brent Taylor, said the singer died at his home Tuesday in Morehead City, North Carolina.

McDowell, a childhood friend, said the two were scheduled to start touring after Thanksgiving.

The Georgia-born singer's early hits bore traces of pop and R&B, including the 1965's "Down in the Boondocks," which launched his career, peaking at number nine on the Billboard Top 100.

Subsequent hits included "I Knew You When" and "Cherry Hill Park," his final top 40 on the pop charts in 1969.

(Agencies)

KATHMANDU, July 4 (Xinhua) -- Nepal's Commerce Ministry has said it has sent a letter to India through the diplomatic channel that the Goods and Services Tax (GST) implemented in India from July 1 should not infringe on trade and transit treaties between the two countries.

With India incorporating state tax under GST, there is possibility that Nepali exports could be levied higher taxes.

"Considering the possible impact on Nepal's trade with India and third country following the implementation of GST in India, we wrote to the Indian authority to ensure that the new tax system in India should not infringe on bilateral trade and transit agreements," Rabi Shankar Sainju, joint secretary at Nepal's Ministry of Commerce, told Xinhua on Monday.

"After sending first letter about two months ago, we have also sent another reminder letter about three weeks ago."

Nepalese government officials admit that the country's economy is bound to be affected by India's new tax system as the country's two third of international trade take place with India only.

Nepal has initiated a move to study its impact on its economy.

Xi, Putin agree to boost coordination on major issues

Xi arrives in Moscow for state visit to Russia

State Council officials pledge allegiance to constitution

Xijiang River's water level higher than warning line in S China

Weekly choices of Xinhua photo

In pics: sea of vervain in terraced fields in E China

Fireworks show held to mark HK's 20th return anniversary

Water level of Ganjiang River rises due to lasting rainstorm

Kristy, aged 32, had recently separated from her partner and needed to "get away". All her previous travels had been with a friend and traveling solo was real "out of comfort zone" stuff. Kristy did her research and made some pleasant, surprising discoveries.

Her first pleasant discovery was that many travel organizations now no longer charge a single supplement. Out of a selection, she chose Intrepid because it provided the kind of travel experiences that suited her. I met Kristy on an Intrepid tour based in Lucca, Italy and she was having a ball. She discovered that as a single traveler, it is so much easier to make new friends. Her initial fears had disappeared and she joined in the activities, including Italian cooking classes, cycle rides through the Tuscan hills and winery tours, with enthusiasm.

I was surprised at the number of single women in the group. Most were in the age range between 23 and 50 and all expressed initial fears of traveling alone. Then they discovered 2 huge advantages.

The first was personal freedom and the second, independence. The simple pleasures of YOU deciding where to go, where to eat and where to shop, cannot be beaten. If you want to stop for a while to watch the setting sun change the snow on the Matterhorn from white to gold, you do! If you want to enjoy the peace and silence of St Mark's Square, Venice in the early hours of the morning, you do!

As a professional travel writer, I frequently travel with my wife, but often we travel alone. It allows me to explore and discover cities and attractions that interest me. My wife Ros, has travel interests of her own. I have a particular interest in rail travel and on a recent visit to England, traveled to York to explore the famous railway museum. She has no interest in "old trains", so she spent the day in London, visiting museums, galleries and, surprise, surprise, shopping!

TRAVEL TIPS.

Lonely Planet offers the following tips for women travelers:

Try to speak a few words of the local language.

Avoid flights that arrive late at night.

Explore the area where you are staying thoroughly by daylight. It's important to have your bearings and know any parts to avoid.

If you're taking a taxi, only use registered or government run ones. If you don't know which they are, go to one of the upmarket hotel chains and get the staff to call one. Ask them how much you should expect to pay.

Spend a bit extra on a hotel in a decent area. The streets will be safer at night and there will be more security in the hotel.

If you get unwanted attention from men, don't say you'll meet them later to try and get rid of them. They will turn up. Say "no" politely and firmly.

Wear a wedding ring and say you've got seven kids, if anyone asks. Yes, you shouldn't have to, but sometimes it's the easiest way to fend off advances.
{ Note from Graeme: If you're only 23, make it two kids, but the message is the same!}

Footnote: When our Intrepid tour finished, Kristy, full of confidence, was off on further adventures. She had purchased a Eurail pass before she left home and was planning to explore Italy, France and Switzerland {staying in Youth Hostels} before traveling on Eurostar to London, then flying home.

She was already planning future trips. Her parting words: "I love walking and plan next year to go to New Zealand to take the Milford Sound and fiord walk."

Author's Resource Box

Traveling alone? Worried.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Perry Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: