Perry Forum
ami returns to Mexico crossing the San

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Perry Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 30-08-2018 08:07:13    Onderwerp: ami returns to Mexico crossing the San Reageren met citaat
"
CAPE TOWN nike cortez classic nylon heren kopen , Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- United Against Malaria (UAM) has once again joined forces with the Confederation Africaine de Football (CAF) around its flagship football tournament, the Orange Africa Cup of Nations(AFCON), to reach football fans with life-saving malaria prevention and treatment messages.

UAM nike cortez classic nylon kopen , a campaign of the Roll Back Malaria (RBM) Partnership, and CAF are also teaming up with leading football players Gervinho (Cote d'Ivoire), Andre Ayew (Ghana) www.cortezkopen.com , Seydou Keita (Mali), and Nicolas N'Koulou (Cameroon) to ensure fans pay attention to more than just the football net at this tournament, said a press release issued by the United Nations Information Centre Pretoria (UNIC) on Friday.

""The partnership between UAM and CAF has demonstrated the powerful role football can play in reaching Africans with crucial health messages and helping prevent and treat disease effectively nike cortez kopen dames ,"" said CAF President Issa Hayatou.

""We applaud these football players for their dedication to protecting Africans from malaria, and as an organization committed to protecting the health of players and fans alike, we will continue to work together to combat this deadly disease.""

Due to comprehensive malaria control efforts nike cortez kopen sale , tremendous progress has been made. The World Health Organization (WHO) recently reported a more than 50 percent malaria mortality rate drop in Africa over the past 10 years. But progress is fragile, and malaria still threatens Africa's prosperity. Today, a child dies from the disease every minute nike cortez kopen , and the disease severely limits economic development, costing Africa an estimated minimum of 12 billion dollars in lost productivity every year.

""It's critical that we continue to work together to sustain progress in malaria control. By leveraging the largest platform in Africa, we can continue to make a difference Goedkope Heren Nike Air Max 270 Light Bone Wit Zwart ,"" said David Kyne, campaign manager of UAM.

""The malaria community commends CAF for its unwavering commitment to important social causes, including malaria Nederland Heren Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit Triple Zwart , to ensure that all children have a chance to achieve their dreams.""

The 2015 AFCON, organized by the CAF, will be held from Jan. 17 to Feb. 8.

The tournament was initially scheduled to be hosted by Morocco Goedkope Dames Nike Air Max 270 Triple Wit , who previously hosted it in 1988, but Morocco refused to host the tournament at the scheduled dates because of the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa. The host country was later changed to Equatorial Guinea.

"

by Edna Alcantara

TIJUANA, Mexico, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Yami Ponce, a 17-year-old U.S. citizen of Mexican origin, has split her time for the last two years between Tijuana in Mexico, where her mother lives after being deported, and San Diego in the United States, where she attends school.

"A few of my friends knew my situation and admired me for they cannot imagine how hard it is and what an effort that I have to make every day in managing to get to the school," Yami told Xinhua in the living room of her small flat.

From Monday to Friday, the young woman has to get up as early as at 4 a.m. to dress herself up and pack her satchel, while her mother Ixtchel prepares breakfast and calls a Uber for her so as to drive her through the 1km-long El Chaparral bridge to cross the Mexico-U.S. boarder with a friend.

She keeps checking social media daily for the least crowded border in order to speed her way into San Diego.

Once across, Yami takes a bus, and then a train to school at 7 a.m..

Since her mother was deported from the United States, "the life of all the family members has changed." Yami said on her way to school.

"The deportation separates children from their parents and siblings. This is unfair and it hurts us," the girl groaned.

Yami, along with her sister Angela, were born and lived in Michigan until 2015 with their parents. After that, their mother took them to Mexico City which they had tried to adapt themselves to.

"It was difficult for us. We were bullied as we didn't speak Spanish properly," she said.

For that sake, the family decided to move back to the United States but the mother was arrested, jailed and deported to Mexico without any official papers, even with no money and few clothes.

"It will be a long time before I can enter the U.S. but I hope I could visit my daughters when they get married or have children," Ixtchel said,

The 35-year-old mother was about to complete a postgraduate degree but now runs a small hair and make-up shop in Tijuana.

"I don't wish this on anyone. I have to keep moving forward. Whenever I get depressed, just think about how hard my daughter (Yami) works every day to go to school and get ahead, it will keeps me going on," said Ixtchel.

Another daughter of Ixtchel Angela is now living in the United State with her aunt.

The Mexican mother currently spends three days a week volunteering in an office to help deportees, including war veterans who were sent back to the country without documents.

Moving to the United States at the age of 12 with her parents and three brothers, the mother is struggling to fit in after being back to Mexico.

"I cannot criticize my parents. But it is very hard to live in Mexico. I have to get used to a language I lost, and also the food and customs," said Ixtchel.

Every night, Yami returns to Mexico crossing the San Ysidro port, where her mother awaits her on the Mexican side.

"For now, being in Mexico is good for me. I am more involved with my Mexican community and culture. At the same time, being in this situation often gets to me. It is not only because I have to live in two places every day, but also because I am not with my sister," said Yami.

The government of U.S. President Donald Trump is seeking to build a wall along the 3,200-km border separating the two countries and to deport around 3 million more migrants.

According to the National Migration Institute (INM) of Mex. NBA Jerseys China Jerseys From China NBA Jerseys China Custom Soccer Jerseys China Football Jerseys China Authentic NHL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Custom MLB Jerseys Wholesale College Football Jerseys Wholesale Adidas NHL Jerseys From China
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Perry Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: